ಸುಸ್ತು, थकावट, fatigue are different words we use for a state of being tired. This feeling of tiredness may stem from one or many causes related to your lifestyle or could even be the symptom of an underlying medical issue.
Why do I always feel tired?
- Lack of sleep: Too little sleep can affect your health and cause fatigue. Keep your laptops, cell phones, and televisions out of your bedroom and try to get at least seven to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. In spite of this if you still feel fatigued, rule out sleep disorders which affect the quality of your sleep. An example is sleep apnea in which breathing briefly stops and starts during sleep, waking you for a few moments each time but you may not be aware of it. Sleep apnea is often seen in overweight people, so managing your weight can help
- Not eating right: Eating too little or eating the wrong foods can also cause fatigue. Opt for a healthy balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and veggies
- Improper physical activity: Avoid inactivity – try getting out more, perform chores around the house or join an activity center to keep yourself active. Just make sure you do not overdo it
- Dehydration: Your body needs 8 glasses of water a day to work well and keep cool, so ensure you stay hydrated
- Caffeine: We know that caffeine in coffee and other beverages keeps us alert, however too much of it can increase heart rate and blood pressure. Afterwards, when the effect of the dose is over, you can feel fatigued. Gradually cut back or try to consume in moderation
Medical conditions such as diabetes, blood pressure, heart disease, thyroid disorders, anemia, etc. can make you feel that your energy levels are low. Patients often benefit from improving their lifestyle, learning better sleep habits, and starting a gentle exercise program. Consult your doctor and get a health check done to rule out any medical issues.
Doing it alone can be difficult, talk to family and friends and ask them to help you with any measures you take.
Be realistic about life, never let fatigue rule you. Live your life as you want it!